Employment Disability Discrimination Lawyer Bethesda MD
Because of the Americans with Disabilities Act, otherwise known as the ADA, coupled with state and local laws that further protect employees and applicants who have disabilities from being discriminated against when entering into the workforce, a lot of people are aware of what types of discrimination are and how they’re illegal.
But what a lot of people—especially people that the ADA does not protect, because they don’t need it, are not aware that employment disability discrimination happens all the time—constantly; and goes unchecked because of how it happens.
First, let’s touch on who the ADA is for:
- Employees who have disabilities—such as physical or mental impairments that can affect their day-to-day life and ability to do major life activities.
- Employees who have a history of disabilities—not all disabilities are lifelong, some of them are temporary and an employer cannot discriminate against someone for their past.
- Employees that the employer thinks may have a disability—there is nothing in the ADA that states that people with disabilities must inform their employers unless it may impede their work, or they need accommodations. Because of this, employers may believe someone is disabled but have no proof, and that means that the employee is protected under the ADA regardless of actually having a disability or not.
If you are an employee who has been discriminated against, reach out to an Employment Disability Discrimination Lawyer Bethesda MD such as the ones available at Eric Siegel Law. Eric Siegel has over 30 years of combined experience surrounding his legal knowledge, courtroom expertise and even has dealt with business and real estate. He’s been a lot of things—lawyer, landlord, owner, investor, and public-private partner, to knock off a few.
Mr. Siegel gives you his undivided attention when dealing with your case—your legal issues are not just about winning or losing your case; but also about keeping the good things in your life while fighting for your rights.
Some things that Eric Siegel Law covers:
- Business litigation
- Civil rights
- Civil rights litigation
- Commercial litigation
- Disability web access
- Discrimination litigation
- Real estate litigation
- Employment litigation
- Wage and hour claims
- Whistleblower retaliation claims
So if you’ve been discriminated against in the workplace and are in need of an employment disability discrimination lawyer in Bethesda MD, seek out Eric Siegel and his legal team. They have the experience, the passion, and the drive to help you achieve your goal.
There are many things that may cause you to seek a lawyer for disability workplace discrimination, such as the employer refusing you reasonable accommodations, refusing to consider applicants with disabilities, requiring applicants to take a medical exam prior to receiving a job offer, and more. A good lawyer who is passionate about disability and civil rights can help you get the job you were applying for—or a job you lost because of discrimination. Furthermore, a lawyer in this field can help you figure out how to discuss accommodations and more during interviews.
If you are looking for a highly rated attorney who can offer you a range of top-notch legal services, contact Eric Siegel Law today.